Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tacos El Primo: The Taco Truck

It was a sunny Thursday afternoon, so I went down Reservoir Street to "Tacos El Primo", or better known by locals as "The Taco Truck". It's just that, a truck that serves tacos, but also other traditional mexican favorites like burritos, quesadillas, and tortas. It's conveniently parked in a parking lot across from the Hardee's, and very hard to miss considering it's a big teal truck. They are open 7 days a week from 10am to 10pm, and have a bunch of tables for customers to sit down and eat at.

I ordered a chicken burrito (only $4.50!!) but sadly they were out of chicken for the day, so I went with steak instead. It was ready within a few minutes, and it came with freshly sliced radishes and a hot pepper. The burrito contains the meat of your choice and pinto beans, cheese, spanish rice, sour cream, lettuce, tomato, onion, and avocado. I decided to take it to-go because for once it was actually pretty hot outside. The burrito was pretty large (the same size as you'd get at Chipotle or Qdoba) and very tasty. I especially liked the spanish rice they used in it a lot. I almost couldn't finish it, it was so filling! It was also extremely well-priced compared to most "mexican" place in the area, and you could tell it was very authentic. I would consider this a must-see local "dive". I will definitely eat here again!

Radish and Pepper:



Steak Burrito:



Food: A
Atmosphere: B
Cleanliness: B
Service: A
Price: $

Overall: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!