Sunday, May 16, 2010

Dave's Downtown Taverna

This is my very first post! Let the adventure begin! Since it is a Sunday, unfortunately not a lot of places are open, but for today I decided to start with a town staple: Dave's Downtown Taverna.

They are open 7 days a week from 11am to 1am, and they also do carry-out until 8pm every day. They also have what they call the "Taratsa", which is located on the very top of the restaurant on the roof. It has tables with umbrellas, space heaters, and also a full-service bar. It is especially nice in the summertime, so I decided to sit up there.

I went around 12pm for lunch, and my server was very prompt with coming to the table. I ordered an Iced Tea, and it was brought out very promptly. For my meal I ordered the small Mediterranean Pizza, which is a white pizza with crushed garlic and olive oil, ricotta, romano, feta and mozzarella. It was delicious! (and obviously too much for me to eat by myself) so I took most of it home in a box. For only $11 total, I'd say it was a great lunch. The service was fast and friendly too, which was an added bonus. I have been there during peak hours before (Thursday-Saturday from 7pm to 12pm) and the service has not been as fast for obvious reasons, but has still been pretty decent.

Obviously the town of Harrisonburg likes Dave's for a reason. It's good, fast service and reasonably priced, tasty food with a Greek influence. I've even heard of people out of town stopping here because they've heard such great things!

Food: A
Atmosphere: A
Cleanliness: A
Service: A
Price: $$

Overall: A


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!