Tuesday, May 25, 2010

McAlister's Deli

Traveled over to McAlister's Deli on Reservoir Street for dinner. Although McAlister's is a chain restaurant, every single one is tailored to where it is located. The one here features "old-timey" photos of Harrisonburg as well as some JMU paraphernalia. It has a lot of seating, and it features a pretty large menu.

When you walk in, you walk up to the front counter and order your food. Once you order they give you a number card and you place it on your table, so when your food is ready they will bring it out to you. It's take-out but also restaurant style. I opted for takeout tonight, since I was all by myself, even though it was pretty slow inside. I ordered a Horseradish Roast Beef and Cheddar Panini, which came with my choice of side. I chose the potato salad, and my total came to around $6.50. It was ready within 10 minutes, and on my way I went.

Once home, I unwrapped my food and dug in. The potato salad was very good as always, but the panini.. let's suggest otherwise. It's featured as a "horseradish roast beef and cheddar panini" yet I tasted zero horseradish on my sandwich. I opened it up, and alas, there was none. It was "alright" for what I paid, but it tasted like something I could have made myself at home with lunchmeat, cheese, and bread for about $4 less. Especially without any sauce on it. Dissatisfied with that, I left about half of it but ate my potato salad in full. I have been here before a few times, but after this experience I don't think I will be frequenting it.

Potato Salad:




Horseradish Roast Beef and Cheddar Panini:




Food: C
Atmosphere: A
Cleanliness: A
Service: B-
Price: $-$$

Overall: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!