Friday, May 28, 2010

Smokin' Pig Barbecue

Today for lunch I went to Smokin' Pig Barbecue located on Easte Wolfe Street, which adjoins Kline's Dairy Bar. It's fairly small and only has outside seating, and everything is takeout style.

I walked in and waited a few minutes to order (the service was hardly prompt) and I don't think they were even very busy. The girl at the counter finally took my order and I got a special, Pork Barbecue with your choice of sauce and side plus a drink for $4.99. I got Park Barbecue with Carolina Red Sauce and Macaroni Salad, with a Hi-C. It also comes with a fried pickle. I got my food quite quickly and then was on my way.

Once home, I dug in and was more than satisfied. The pickle was SO GOOD. I don't normally like fried pickles but this one was great! The macaroni salad and sandwich were also more than satisfactory, and honestly the barbecue came somewhat close to Carolina barbecue I had while in the Carolinas. (Not AS good by any stretch, but somewhat close). I was very impressed and the price was very reasonable for the amount of food I got. I will definitely eat here again when the mood strikes.

Hi-C:


Barbecue Sandwich, Macaroni Salad, and Fried Pickle:



Food: A
Atmosphere: C+
Cleanliness: B
Service: C+
Price: $

Overall: B-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!