Saturday, May 29, 2010

Franco's Pizza, Pasta, and Subs

Went to Franco's for dinner tonight, located in the Burgess Road Shopping Center right next to Qdoba. It is a small, family owned pizza place that serves other traditional italian foods as well. It has a good amount of inside seating, and also has beer on tap and wine by the bottle. You walk up to the counter to order and pay, and then go and sit down and they will bring you your food. You can also get takeout, which I opted for.

I ordered 2 slices of Mediterranean Pizza, which has black olives, artichokes, onions, feta cheese, red peppers, olive oil, garlic, and spinach leaves. My total came to $6.64 and the woman who took my order was very friendly and talkative. She reminded me of an italian "mother", and had quite a personality. My order was ready within a few minutes and I headed home.

I dug into the pizza once home, and was.. surprised. I had heard wonderful things about this place, but I just wasn't very happy with the pizza I chose. It just had "too many" toppings on it, and didn't taste enough like pizza to me. I have had greek-style pizza before, and this just wasn't the best I have had. If I were to order again, I would definitely get something more traditionally italian and give that a chance. Overall, I don't know if I will come here again, but they were nice enough and the prices were reasonable that it might get a second shot.

Mediterranean Pizza:



Food: B-
Atmosphere: B
Cleanliness: A
Service: A
Price: $-$$

Overall: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!