Friday, May 21, 2010

Mr. J's Bagels

This morning I went to Mr. J's Bagels for breakfast, which is located off of East Market Street right by the 81 interchange. It's right by Petsmart and Boston Beanery. This is a very popular local breakfast joint, especially with the college kids, and so going for breakfast seemed like the only way to do it.

It's a small little restaurant with seating mostly on the left side (the seats aren't what I'd call the most comfortable.. it's slightly reminiscent of a cafeteria), and you wait in line and order on the main side. Then when they call your number you pick up your food. They have a huge selection of bagels, cream cheeses, and also sandwiches and toppings. They have a big cold case on the right side full of drinks, and also fountain drinks on the left side. I opted for something out of the cold case, a small bottle of grapefruit juice.

I ordered an Egg Bagel with Lox and Cream Cheese, and between that and the drink my total came to around $6. Thankfully we came at a slow time (9:30ish) so we got our food practically right away. I've been there other times for breakfast (especially on weekends) and it's mobbed and you can wait a while for your food, and just to order. I sat down and dug in, and of course it was delicious. If you aren't a fan of Lox and I wouldn't recommend this particular order, but if you are it's very, very good. Their egg bagels are my favorite too! Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, and just enough flavor!

Mr. J's is a Harrisonburg staple for obvious reasons. Reasonably priced, good-tasting bagels and breakfast food.

Grapefruit Juice:


Egg Bagel with Lox and Cream Cheese:





Food: A
Atmosphere: B-
Cleanliness: A
Service: A
Price: $

Overall: A-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!